National English Honor Society
NEHS Meetings - 1st Thursday of the month in the Media Center
National English Honor Society - The National English Honor Society (NEHS) recognizes the academic accomplishments of America’s high school students and promotes their continuing interest in the English language arts.
Membership is an honor bestowed on students selected for their accomplishments in the field of English and in overall academic achievement. NEHS provides recognition for past achievement, the nurturing of present interests, and encouragement for future success.
NEHS is the organization for students who have experienced the power of literature, the pleasures of good writing, and the excitement of language studies. For these students NEHS provides:
- national recognition for outstanding achievements;
- enlightened involvement in the English experience, especially through non-classroom participation;
- distinction on college and job applications;
- opportunities to develop leadership skills;
- publication opportunities; and
- a means to link with other students, locally and nationally, who share similar interests.